Here are few WhatsApp tricks that will hide your name from the seen list of WhatsApp Status posted by your friends or family members.
WhatsApp Status is one of the most popular features added to the widely used instant messaging service owned by Facebook. WhatsApp Status ever since being added to the platform has been a medium for several users to show their friends or family what they are doing these days. You can check WhatsApp Status of our friends and family by going to the Status tab within WhatsApp. What if we tell you a way you can check WhatsApp Status without letting the other user know. There are few WhatsApp tricks which will allow you to check Status of your friends or family without adding you in the seen list.
If you don’t want other users to know that you have seen their WhatsApp Statuses and wish to hide your name from someone’s WhatsApp Status list featuring the names of the contacts who have seen their Status updates, then there are a couple of options that you can go for.
How to check WhatsApp Status without letting the user know: The official method
- If you don’t want other users to know that you have seen their WhatsApp Statuses, then you can turn off the Read Receipts option from WhatsApp Setting.
- To do so, head to Settings->Account->Privacy->Read Receipts and turn it off.
- However, you should note that after disabling Read Receipts you will also not be able to see who has viewed your WhatsApp Status update either. This option works similarly as it works for Read Receipts in WhatsApp chats.
How to check WhatsApp Status without letting the user know: The other way (Works on Android Only)
Make sure that your smartphone has a Files or File Manager App (File shape icon), which is present in almost all Android smartphones, these days.
- Install “ES File Explorer” from the Google Play store which will give you an option to view hidden files.
- Download and Install ES File Explorer from the below play store link.
- Now launch ES File Explorer and turn on “Show hidden files” option.
- Go to the WhatsApp Folder in the hidden files under “Phone Storage”
- Tap on the WhatsApp folder and select Media
- There will be a folder named “.Statuses” which will have all the Status updates that you have seen in the past.
- You can open any Status update that you wish to download and save it in your Media Directory to view and share it anytime you want.